At Distributed Media Lab (DML) we believe quality original media and journalism are foundational to society, economies, and democracy. We are focused on building products and technology that powers new media business models tailored for distribution and designed to support the quality original publishing industry.
DML was founded in 2018, and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We operate as a distributed team and are committed to helping employees achieve a positive work-life balance. All positions are available remotely within the US. Direct applications only please, no recruiters.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team and make a major contribution in developing and scaling the DML platform. We are a small team so each individual has the ability to make a big impact. You will be provided the opportunity to help drive the direction of the platform and the technologies used to implement it.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to operate with a great deal of autonomy; be the consummate team player and help out anywhere, at any time; and be able to think 10 steps ahead while executing the next step with precision.
This full-time position reports to the Chief Technology Officer. This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the US, though we operate on Pacific Time.
What you will do
- Design and deliver responsive and intuitive user experiences
- Be responsible for developing robust and secure solutions for customer data
- Contribute to full-stack solutions from UIs to APIs, to data storage
- Strike a balance between moving fast and engineering resilient solutions
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help on any other tasks
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Strong experience with developing React/Redux-based UIs
- Strong experience working with JAMStack architectures
- Deep understanding of current React best practices
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Experience developing with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Experience in CI/CD and modern DevOps practices
- Experience working with Material UI is a plus
- Experience working in distributed (remote) teams is a plus
Who you are
- You are fascinated by technology and always keen to explore something new
- You are always up for a new challenge, not afraid to fail, and insatiably curious
- You are not intimidated by the fast-paced, dynamic characteristics of startups
- You have the intellect to grasp complex ideas
- You are driven by a sense of purpose and possess the confidence, competence, and willingness to be accountable
- You are a good communicator, able to work with cross-functional groups.
- You can see the bigger picture while also enjoying getting into the details.
What we offer
We will provide the opportunity to do purposeful work in an ego-free and collaborative team environment. Our culture is infused with passion and purpose, where curiosity is encouraged, conversation is lively and differing opinions are treated with respect. We expect you to make a significant impact. We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. DML is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applications only please, no recruiters.